I've been tweeting for a pretty long time. The most useful twitter app I found was TweetDeck. I had to refresh the site periodically, which made me feel unconfortable. Then I remembered reading somewhere that Adobe Air applications are platform independent (correct me if i am wrong). Now, it occured to me that why not install TweetDeck in Ubuntu, as I work on GNU/Linux more than windows now a days. Given below is a step by step procedure of installing TweetDeck in Ubuntu.

(Please note that sentences highlighted with green color are commands that are to be executed in terminal.)

Phase 1:

Installing Adobe Air:

1. wget http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/lin/download/1.5/AdobeAIRInstaller.bin

2. Save the file in Home Directory, with the file name AdobeAIRInstaller.bin

3. chmod +x AdobeAIRInstaller.bin

4. sudo ./AdobeAIRInstaller.bin

5. The normal installer will now start. Install it. From now on, download any file with .air extension and double-click it to install.

Phase 2

Installing TweetDeck

1. Go to http://tweetdeck.com/beta/download/ and download the latest version of TweetDeck.

2. Save the file and double-click to run it.

Install it and Tweet on..!!


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]